Your donations of food, clothing, and other items are vital to RER's success in helping meet needs in our community!
The overwhelming majority of food and clothing distributed through the Community Food Bank and Community Clothes Closet are the result of in-kind donations.
RER staff and volunteers are prepared to receive in-kind donations at the RER Offices at 350 Tall Oaks Drive SE, Conyers, 30013 between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Monday through Thursday.
Your donations may be tax deductible, so please be sure to obtain a donation receipt when you drop off your items. (You may want to itemize on a separate sheet if donating a large number of specific items.)
INFO re donations of FOOD:
- RER does NOT accept items that are past their expiration dates.
- RER is a non-profit organization that has committed itself to standards that parallel those of grocery stores and therefore do not distribute expired food product.
- We believe that the people we serve deserve to be treated the same way that we would like to be treated, which mans we don’t want to give out food that we ourselves wouldn’t gladly serve on our own tables in our own houses.
- We DO accept donations of fresh produce.
INFO re donations of CLOTHING:
- RER accepts only new or "clean and laundered, gently used" clothing donations for the Community Clothes Closet.
- It is extremely helpful if you collect and donate in-season clothing (i.e. cold weather clothing should be donated in the fall and early winter, not in the spring or early summer). We have limited ability to store out-of-season donated items.
- We welcome drives for specific items - feel free to ask us which items are most needed in the food bank during a particular time.